Jay McShann with young Charlie Parker Bunny Berigan with Hal Kemp Art Tatum in live club sessions
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Jazz Decades
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ray Smith's weekly traditional/historical jazz program appeals to the devotee as well as the neophyte. The hour features traditional jazz, Big Band and swing from the entire 20th century and before, including recordings from as early as 1890. Series release date: 1972
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Recorded Music
- Schwartz, Steve (Series Producer)
- Smith, Ray (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jazz Decades,” 06/23/1983, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_8168B2A3CE544C039523212D3A73F6D2.
- MLA: “Jazz Decades.” 06/23/1983. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_8168B2A3CE544C039523212D3A73F6D2>.
- APA: Jazz Decades. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_8168B2A3CE544C039523212D3A73F6D2