March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 12 of 17
Part of March on Washington.
The Educational Radio Network / ERN's coverage of the March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom Twelfth of fifteen hours of broadcast: 7:30 P.M. - Highlights of the afternoon's program.
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom
Part 12 of 17
- Series Description
Educational Radio Network coverage of the 8/28/1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom.
The 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom featured an estimated 250,000 peaceful demonstrators walking from the Washington Monument to the Lincoln Memorial to hear a political call to arms for economic equality and civil rights for African Americans. Credited with being the final impetus to the passing of the 1964 Civil Rights Act, the event famously ended with Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic “I Have a Dream” speech. Series release date: 8/28/1963
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Speeches, addresses, etc., American
- Civil rights
- African Americans
- March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom, Washington, D.C., 1963.
- Washington (D.C.)
- Event Coverage
- Social Issues
- Race and Ethnicity
- Randolph, Asa Philip (Speaker)
- Young, Whitney M. (Speaker)
- Prinz, Joachim (Speaker)
- King, Martin Luther, Jr. (Speaker)
- Wilkins, Roy (Speaker)
- Lewis, John R. (Speaker)
- Reuther, Walter (Speaker)
- Jackson, Mahalia (Musician)
- Publication Information
- WGBH Educational Foundation
- Chicago: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 12 of 17,” 08/28/1963, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed March 30, 2017, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_61594D6876B94563A6C39509813F600A.
- MLA: “March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 12 of 17.” 08/28/1963. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. March 30, 2017. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_61594D6876B94563A6C39509813F600A>.
- APA: March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom; Part 12 of 17. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_61594D6876B94563A6C39509813F600A