HOLLYWOOD HARMONIES AND MANHATTAN MELODIES FROM THE 20S AND 30S AS PERFORMED BY FRED ASTAIRE; EDDIE CANTOR, BILL "BO JANGLES" ROBINSON, DICK POWELL AND RUDY KEELER, WITH MUSIC BY GERSHWIN, JIMMY MCHUGH, HARRY WARREN, AND OTHERS...
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Jazz Decades
- Program Number
- Series Description
Ray Smith's weekly traditional/historical jazz program appeals to the devotee as well as the neophyte. The hour features traditional jazz, Big Band and swing from the entire 20th century and before, including recordings from as early as 1890. Series release date: 1972
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Recorded Music
- Smith, Ray (Series Producer)
- Schwartz, Steve (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Jazz Decades,” 09/20/1987, GBH Archives, accessed December 5, 2020, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_57221A965E40464CA697CD1B49C613F4.
- MLA: “Jazz Decades.” 09/20/1987. GBH Archives. Web. December 5, 2020. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_57221A965E40464CA697CD1B49C613F4>.
- APA: Jazz Decades. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_57221A965E40464CA697CD1B49C613F4