Reading Aloud; E.B. White: Stuart Little
PT 1 OF 5 (PTS 3,4 MISSING, E.B.White
More material may be available from this program at the WGBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Reading Aloud
- E.B. White: Stuart Little
- Program Number
- Series Description
William Cavness reads works of literature on-air. According to Cavness' oral history of the beginnings of Reading Aloud, the series came about, in part, due to the Soviet ban of the work Dr. Zhivago in the Fall of 1958, and the books fourth edition falling out of print in the United States. As such Dr. Zhivago became the first work Cavness read, and the resulting success, directly lead to the creation of the series which ran until Cavness' retirement from WGBH in 1991. Series release date: 11/24/1958
- Program Description
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance in a Studio
- Cavness, William (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Reading Aloud; E.B. White: Stuart Little,” 04/21/1969, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed September 16, 2019, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_38E2030E3FD543FC8C7C9C33FC5AA08C.
- MLA: “Reading Aloud; E.B. White: Stuart Little.” 04/21/1969. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. September 16, 2019. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_38E2030E3FD543FC8C7C9C33FC5AA08C>.
- APA: Reading Aloud; E.B. White: Stuart Little. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_38E2030E3FD543FC8C7C9C33FC5AA08C