Reading Aloud; Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol
Recorded Nov. 17, 1982. 74:59 Engineers: Melanie Berzon and Jane Pipik
More material is available from this program at the WGBH Archive. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at WGBH, please email email@example.com.
Undigitized item: Request Digitization
Untranscribed item: Request Transcription
- Reading Aloud
- Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol
- Series Description
William Cavness reads works of literature on-air. According to Cavness' oral history of the beginnings of Reading Aloud, the series came about, in part, due to the Soviet ban of the work Dr. Zhivago in the Fall of 1958, and the books fourth edition falling out of print in the United States. As such Dr. Zhivago became the first work Cavness read, and the resulting success, directly lead to the creation of the series which ran until Cavness' retirement from WGBH in 1991. Series release date: 11/24/1958
- Program Description
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Performance in a Studio
- Cavness, William (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Reading Aloud; Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol,” 11/17/1982, WGBH Media Library & Archives, accessed July 17, 2018, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_303F6C2D6FBC4D41BDD7EB005EE48A98.
- MLA: “Reading Aloud; Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol.” 11/17/1982. WGBH Media Library & Archives. Web. July 17, 2018. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_303F6C2D6FBC4D41BDD7EB005EE48A98>.
- APA: Reading Aloud; Charles Dickens: A Christmas Carol. Boston, MA: WGBH Media Library & Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_303F6C2D6FBC4D41BDD7EB005EE48A98