Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries
The Leagacy Of The Letter: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries 89-897-021-001
More material may be available from this program at the GBH Archives. If you are a researcher interested in accessing the collection at GBH, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has not been digitized yet or cannot be made available on Open Vault.
- Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries
- Series Description
A series of four half-hour documentaries that aired on WGBH-FM the same nights as the television programs, April 2-5, 1979. They looked at issues raised in the novel from the prismatic perspective of the 17th century Puritan period, Hawthorne’s 19th century era and contemporary 20th century America. The Legacy features lively conversations with humanities scholars, audio clips from the TV series, music, sound effects, on-the-street interviews and illuminating excerpts from 17th and 19th century literature, journals, and sermons.
See On-Air April 1979 Radio program guide for cover story. Series release date: 1979
- Asset Type
- Media Type
- Hahn, Cliff (Series Producer)
- Sirota, Barbara (Series Producer)
- Chicago: “Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries,” GBH Archives, accessed January 20, 2021, http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_162617ACAD0947C682F91C5CB558F14A.
- MLA: “Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries.” GBH Archives. Web. January 20, 2021. <http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_162617ACAD0947C682F91C5CB558F14A>.
- APA: Legacy Of The Letter, The: The Scarlet Letter Commentaries. Boston, MA: GBH Archives. Retrieved from http://openvault.wgbh.org/catalog/A_162617ACAD0947C682F91C5CB558F14A